Type: Classic Car Game
Current iTunes Reviews: 49 ratings, 3.5 stars
Description:As a child, my family used to play the license plate game all the time on road trips. The objective of the game is simple; try to find a license plate from every state while driving around. Some families I knew took the game very seriously; they were constantly searching for the last one!
Bored in the car during long road trips? Try The License Plate Game to keep everyone entertained. Search for license plates from each US state and this app will help you keep track of the states found and the states remaining. It's great fun for the kids.
Also fun to play around town! Use this app to keep track of plates on an ongoing basis. Always be on the lookout for the plates you're missing.
- Pictures of all 50 US state license plates (includes latest 2009 versions) and Washington D.C.
- Shows your current distance from the capital of each state on location aware devices. (straight line distance, not driving distance)
- License plates fly down the road as you scroll through them. Tap the state to mark it found.
- Jump right to the state you just saw using the letter index bar.
- Home screen icon shows how many states you've found or how many are remaining, your choice.
- To help find the remaining plates you can choose to hide all the plates found.
- You really need to see this app in action to appreciate it. Go to http://apps.lilius.com/ for a demo video.
FUTURE UPDATE: An upcoming update will include Canada plates and more. Stay tuned.
Fixed a positioning bug when using the License Plate Game while also on the phone.
The app is a very simple design. The app itself features no gameplay; it's simply a device for tracking which license plates you've already seen. The app is very easy to navigate; a side bar on the right allows you to click any letter to pull up those states. The correct license plate can also be pulled up by swiping your finger across the screen. Tapping on a license plate will put a "found" stamp over that particular plate. You can also set the app to display either the number of plates found or still needed on your home display on the iPhone - a neat feature.
If you have kids or are planning a road trip, this app could be a really fun addition for your iPhone. One cool feature I'd love to see added? Camera integration, so that you can snap pics of the plates as you see them. That way once you finally find Hawaii, you can show off and brag to your friends about it!
Overall impression: 8/10
Value for your money: 8/10